More From Dan Gable
- "Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts."
- "The 1st period is won by the best technician. The 2nd period is won by the kid in the best shape. The 3rd period is won by the kid with the biggest heart."
- "More enduringly than any other sport, wrestling teaches self-control and pride. Some have wrestled without great skill – none have wrestled without pride."
More In Life
- "Life itself still remains a very effective therapist."― Karen Horney
- "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."― George Bernard Shaw
- "I haven’t trusted polls since I read that 62% of women had affairs during their lunch hour. I’ve never met a woman in my life who would give up lunch for sex."― Erma Bombeck