More From Dan Gable
- "More enduringly than any other sport, wrestling teaches self-control and pride. Some have wrestled without great skill – none have wrestled without pride."
- "The 1st period is won by the best technician. The 2nd period is won by the kid in the best shape. The 3rd period is won by the kid with the biggest heart."
- "Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts."
More In Life
- "I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."― Maya Angelou
- "To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "We make the world we live in and shape our own environment."― Orison Swett Marden