More From Damien Hirst
- "Great art – or good art – is when you look at it, experience it and it stays in your mind. I don’t think conceptual art and traditional art are all that different."
- "Making art, good art, is always a struggle. It can make you happy when you pull it off. There’s no better feeling. It’s beauteous. But it’s always about hard work and inspiration and sweat and good ideas."
- "In an artwork you’re always looking for artistic decisions, so an ashtray is perfect. An ashtray has got life and death."
More In Freedom
- "For more than four decades, the Libyan people have been ruled by a tyrant – Moammar Gaddafi. He has denied his people freedom, exploited their wealth, murdered opponents at home and abroad, and terrorized innocent people around the world – including Americans who were killed by Libyan agents."― Barack Obama
- "When a noble life has prepared old age, it is not decline that it reveals, but the first days of immortality."― Muriel Spark
- "We run into some pretty tough arguments sometimes, but the idea is that at the end of the day, my wife and I realize that we’ll always be holding each other’s hand. This is a lifelong relationship, and after 12 years she hasn’t gotten rid of me yet."― Kyle Chandler