More From Damien Hirst
- "The difference between art about death and actual death is that one’s a celebration and the other’s a dull fact."
- "I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don’t think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings."
- "But I think it’s more that when you’re young, you’re invincible, you’re immortal – or at least you think you are. The possibilities are limitless, you’re inventing the future. Then you get older and suddenly you have a history. It’s fixed. You can’t change anything. I find that a bit disturbing, to be honest."
More In Freedom
- "As our federal government has grown too large and too powerful, the real loss has been the freedom of people to govern their own lives and participate fully in the American dream."― Steve Forbes
- "What I enjoy most about being on stage is that the natural instruments give you a greater freedom with texture. When you use natural instruments they have their own resonance."― John Cale
- "I’ve got personal views on the ’60s. You can’t have freedom without paying the price for it."― James Lovelock