More From Damien Hirst
- "Being best is a false goal, you have to measure success on your own terms."
- "I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don’t think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings."
- "But I think it’s more that when you’re young, you’re invincible, you’re immortal – or at least you think you are. The possibilities are limitless, you’re inventing the future. Then you get older and suddenly you have a history. It’s fixed. You can’t change anything. I find that a bit disturbing, to be honest."
More In Art
- "Something that has so much power must have life. Instruments have life."― Laurie Anderson
- "Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."― Stephen Sondheim
- "Great nations write their autobiographies in three manuscripts – the book of their deeds, the book of their words and the book of their art."― John Ruskin