More From Damien Hirst
- "I always feel like the art’s there and I just see it, so it’s not really a lot of work."
- "Making art, good art, is always a struggle. It can make you happy when you pull it off. There’s no better feeling. It’s beauteous. But it’s always about hard work and inspiration and sweat and good ideas."
- "I was taught to confront things you can’t avoid. Death is one of those things. To live in a society where you’re trying not to look at it is stupid because looking at death throws us back into life with more vigour and energy. The fact that flowers don’t last for ever makes them beautiful."
More In Art
- "Roman Polanski is a man who cares deeply about his art and its place in this world. What happened to him on his incredible path is filled with tragedy, and most men would have collapsed. Instead, he became a great artist and continues to make great films."― Harvey Weinstein
- "Errors are not in the art but in the artificers."― Isaac Newton
- "Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."― Gustave Flaubert