More From Damien Hirst
- "I was taught to confront things you can’t avoid. Death is one of those things. To live in a society where you’re trying not to look at it is stupid because looking at death throws us back into life with more vigour and energy. The fact that flowers don’t last for ever makes them beautiful."
- "I always feel like the art’s there and I just see it, so it’s not really a lot of work."
- "I think I like big issues, but I don’t believe in God or religion."
More In Art
- "Works of art often last forever, or nearly so. But exhibitions themselves, especially gallery exhibitions, are like flowers; they bloom and then they die, then exist only as memories, or pressed in magazines and books."― Jerry Saltz
- "An art which isn’t based on feeling isn’t an art at all."― Paul Cezanne
- "Surely all art is the result of one’s having been in danger, of having gone through an experience all the way to the end, where no one can go any further."― Rainer Maria Rilke