More From Damien Hirst
- "I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don’t think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings."
- "I always look at money not as a motivating factor but as an element in the composition. You can’t ignore it, but you’ve got to be very careful that it’s not motivating you."
- "No, I don’t believe in genius. I believe in freedom. I think anyone can do it. Anyone can be like Rembrandt."
More In Art
- "There are neither good nor bad subjects. From the point of view of pure Art, you could almost establish it as an axiom that the subject is irrelevant, style itself being an absolute manner of seeing things."― Gustave Flaubert
- "Poetry is the art of substantiating shadows, and of lending existence to nothing."― Edmund Burke
- "Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it."― Robert Motherwell