More From Damien Hirst
- "The difference between art about death and actual death is that one’s a celebration and the other’s a dull fact."
- "I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don’t think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings."
- "I was taught to confront things you can’t avoid. Death is one of those things. To live in a society where you’re trying not to look at it is stupid because looking at death throws us back into life with more vigour and energy. The fact that flowers don’t last for ever makes them beautiful."
More In Art
- "I’ve never felt that I had to take a role in one of those mediocre but hugely budgeted romantic comedies because I want to wear beautiful dresses and have people think I’m pretty and that I get the guy."― Minnie Driver
- "Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper the photographer begins with the finished product."― Edward Steichen
- "The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough."― George Edward Moore