More From Damien Hirst
- "I think I like big issues, but I don’t believe in God or religion."
- "I always look at money not as a motivating factor but as an element in the composition. You can’t ignore it, but you’ve got to be very careful that it’s not motivating you."
- "I have always been aware that you have to get people listening before you can change their minds. Any artist’s big fear is being ignored, so if you get debate, that’s great."
More In Art
- "It’s clever, but is it Art?"― Rudyard Kipling
- "Art is the stored honey of the human soul, gathered on wings of misery and travail."― Theodore Dreiser
- "Damien Hirst is the Elvis of the English art world, its ayatollah, deliverer, and big-thinking entrepreneurial potty-mouthed prophet and front man. Hirst synthesizes punk, Pop Art, Jeff Koons, Marcel Duchamp, Francis Bacon, and Catholicism."― Jerry Saltz