More From Damien Hirst
- "Great art – or good art – is when you look at it, experience it and it stays in your mind. I don’t think conceptual art and traditional art are all that different."
- "Being best is a false goal, you have to measure success on your own terms."
- "I always look at money not as a motivating factor but as an element in the composition. You can’t ignore it, but you’ve got to be very careful that it’s not motivating you."
More In Art
- "You use a glass mirror to see your face; you use works of art to see your soul."― George Bernard Shaw
- "Oh literature, oh the glorious Art, how it preys upon the marrow in our bones. It scoops the stuffing out of us, and chucks us aside. Alas!"― David Herbert Lawrence
- "If only we could persuade galleries to observe a fallow period in which, for two months every other year, new and old works of art could be sold in back rooms and all main galleries would be devoted to revisiting shows gone by."― Jerry Saltz