More From Damien Hirst
- "I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don’t think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings."
- "I always look at money not as a motivating factor but as an element in the composition. You can’t ignore it, but you’ve got to be very careful that it’s not motivating you."
- "Since I was a child, death is definitely something that I think about every day. But I think that everybody does. You try and avoid it, but it’s such a big thing that you can’t."
More In Art
- "If you take a look at history, you will find that the understanding of what is good and evil has always existed before the individual religions. The religions were only invented by people afterwards, in order to express this idea."― Salman Rushdie
- "Irresponsibility is part of the pleasure of all art; it is the part the schools cannot recognize."― James Joyce
- "Being an artist is dragging your innermost feelings out, giving a piece of yourself, no matter in which art form, in which medium."― Henry Rollins