More From Damien Hirst
- "Making art, good art, is always a struggle. It can make you happy when you pull it off. There’s no better feeling. It’s beauteous. But it’s always about hard work and inspiration and sweat and good ideas."
- "Since I was a child, death is definitely something that I think about every day. But I think that everybody does. You try and avoid it, but it’s such a big thing that you can’t."
- "I always feel like the art’s there and I just see it, so it’s not really a lot of work."
More In Art
- "Poetry is the art of substantiating shadows, and of lending existence to nothing."― Edmund Burke
- "When science, art, literature, and philosophy are simply the manifestation of personality they are on a level where glorious and dazzling achievements are possible, which can make a man’s name live for thousands of years."― Denis Diderot
- "You have to master not only the art of listening to your head, you must also master listening to your heart and listening to your gut."― Carly Fiorina