More From Damien Hirst
- "But I think it’s more that when you’re young, you’re invincible, you’re immortal – or at least you think you are. The possibilities are limitless, you’re inventing the future. Then you get older and suddenly you have a history. It’s fixed. You can’t change anything. I find that a bit disturbing, to be honest."
- "I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don’t think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings."
- "I think I like big issues, but I don’t believe in God or religion."
More In Art
- "To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event."― Henri Cartier-Bresson
- "Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame."― Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them."― Lois McMaster Bujold