More From Damien Hirst
- "I always look at money not as a motivating factor but as an element in the composition. You can’t ignore it, but you’ve got to be very careful that it’s not motivating you."
- "Being best is a false goal, you have to measure success on your own terms."
- "I have always been aware that you have to get people listening before you can change their minds. Any artist’s big fear is being ignored, so if you get debate, that’s great."
More In Art
- "When you are learning about a martial art, it is about respect."― Jackie Chan
- "After its hothouse incubation in the seventies, appropriation breathed important new life into art. This life flowered spectacularly over the decades – even if it’s now close to aesthetic kudzu."― Jerry Saltz
- "The forties, seventies, and the nineties, when money was scarce, were great periods, when the art world retracted but it was also reborn."― Jerry Saltz