More From Damien Hirst
- "No, I don’t believe in genius. I believe in freedom. I think anyone can do it. Anyone can be like Rembrandt."
- "I have always been aware that you have to get people listening before you can change their minds. Any artist’s big fear is being ignored, so if you get debate, that’s great."
- "I always look at money not as a motivating factor but as an element in the composition. You can’t ignore it, but you’ve got to be very careful that it’s not motivating you."
More In Art
- "In mathematics the art of proposing a question must be held of higher value than solving it."― Georg Cantor
- "Something that has so much power must have life. Instruments have life."― Laurie Anderson
- "Aesthetic emotion puts man in a state favorable to the reception of erotic emotion. Art is the accomplice of love. Take love away and there is no longer art."― Remy de Gourmont