More From Damien Hirst
- "But I think it’s more that when you’re young, you’re invincible, you’re immortal – or at least you think you are. The possibilities are limitless, you’re inventing the future. Then you get older and suddenly you have a history. It’s fixed. You can’t change anything. I find that a bit disturbing, to be honest."
- "I have always been aware that you have to get people listening before you can change their minds. Any artist’s big fear is being ignored, so if you get debate, that’s great."
- "I think I like big issues, but I don’t believe in God or religion."
More In Art
- "Life is painting a picture, not doing a sum."― Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "When art dresses in worn-out material it is most easily recognized as art."― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Only in men’s imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life."― Joseph Conrad