More From Damien Hirst
- "I always look at money not as a motivating factor but as an element in the composition. You can’t ignore it, but you’ve got to be very careful that it’s not motivating you."
- "I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don’t think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings."
- "I was taught to confront things you can’t avoid. Death is one of those things. To live in a society where you’re trying not to look at it is stupid because looking at death throws us back into life with more vigour and energy. The fact that flowers don’t last for ever makes them beautiful."
More In Art
- "Wolfgang Tillman’s stunning large-scale pictures, being shown for the first time, were so offhand I failed to see them as art."― Jerry Saltz
- "For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."― Isaac Newton