More From Damien Hirst
- "I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don’t think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings."
- "Making art, good art, is always a struggle. It can make you happy when you pull it off. There’s no better feeling. It’s beauteous. But it’s always about hard work and inspiration and sweat and good ideas."
- "Since I was a child, death is definitely something that I think about every day. But I think that everybody does. You try and avoid it, but it’s such a big thing that you can’t."
More In Art
- "The counterfeit and counterpart of Nature is reproduced in art."― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in."― Amy Lowell
- "Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don’t start measuring her limbs."― Pablo Picasso