More From Damien Hirst
- "I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don’t think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings."
- "I was taught to confront things you can’t avoid. Death is one of those things. To live in a society where you’re trying not to look at it is stupid because looking at death throws us back into life with more vigour and energy. The fact that flowers don’t last for ever makes them beautiful."
- "No, I don’t believe in genius. I believe in freedom. I think anyone can do it. Anyone can be like Rembrandt."
More In Art
- "The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity."― Walt Whitman
- "The sculptor produces the beautiful statue by chipping away such parts of the marble block as are not needed – it is a process of elimination."― Elbert Hubbard
- "All art comes from other art, and all immigrants come from other places."― Jerry Saltz