More From Dale Murphy
- "It’s critical that the manager has the respect of players so he can make the moves that he feels is appropriate without having somebody go to the papers. They respect you. So you respect them back."
- "If you live what you believe, you will always have the respect of others."
- "To go to hospitals and see people fight and overcome cystic fibrosis or cancer or any number of illnesses is to see courage that is humbling. And athletes constantly need to be humbled."
More In Attitude
- "My grandfather was a man, when he talked about freedom, his attitude was really interesting. His view was that you had obligations or you had responsibilities, and when you fulfilled those obligations or responsibilities, that then gave you the liberty to do other things."― Clarence Thomas
- "Americans have always had an ambivalent attitude toward intelligence. When they feel threatened, they want a lot of it, and when they don’t, they regard the whole thing as somewhat immoral."― Vernon A. Walters
- "In the sick room, ten cents’ worth of human understanding equals ten dollars’ worth of medical science."― Martin H. Fischer