More From Dalai Lama
- "I have always had this view about the modern education system: we pay attention to brain development, but the development of warmheartedness we take for granted."
- "Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion."
- "When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others."
More In Positive
- "There’s a lot of peer pressure to not do positive stories out of Iraq… I think there’s a sense that the administration got a pass during the hot days of war and now that the war is over it’s time to even out the deck somewhat."― Jerry Nachman
- "I think illness is a family journey, no matter what the outcome. Everybody has to be allowed to process it and mourn and deal with it in their own way."― Marcia Wallace
- "There’s a weird cloud around you when you’re recognizable. It was a brief window for me. I think you have to have a pathological need for attention of any type, negative or positive, to thrive in that kind of situation. And I only want compliments."― Diablo Cody