More From Dalai Lama
- "I think really, China, Chinese, I think they really have a long history of civilization, rich culture."
- "I have always had this view about the modern education system: we pay attention to brain development, but the development of warmheartedness we take for granted."
- "Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion."
More In Food
- "I kept thinking, ‘Somebody has to make a food show that is actually educational and entertaining at the same time… a show that got down to the ‘why things happen.’ Plus, I hated my job – I didn’t think it was very worthwhile."― Alton Brown
- "Every day, families in the United States face the stark choice between a roof over their heads and food on the table. Buying health insurance, owning a home, and saving up for college are just too far out of their reach."― Chris Van Hollen
- "A doctor must work eighteen hours a day and seven days a week. If you cannot console yourself to this, get out of the profession."― Martin H. Fischer