More From Dalai Lama
- "Whether you call it Buddhism or another religion, self-discipline, that’s important. Self-discipline with awareness of consequences."
- "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."
- "If you have a particular faith or religion, that is good. But you can survive without it."
More In Freedom
- "I have no choice about whether or not I have Parkinson’s. I have nothing but choices about how I react to it. In those choices, there’s freedom to do a lot of things in areas that I wouldn’t have otherwise found myself in."― Michael J. Fox
- "And why do we, who say we oppose tyranny and demand freedom of speech, allow people to go to prison and be vilified, and magazines to be closed down on the spot, for suggesting another version of history."― David Icke
- "A just laicism allows religious freedom. The state does not impose religion but rather gives space to religions with a responsibility toward civil society, and therefore it allows these religions to be factors in building up society."― Joseph Ratzinger