More From Daisaku Ikeda
- "When human beings live together, conflict is inevitable. War is not."
- "Ultimately, all human activities have as their goal the realization of happiness. Why, then, have we ended up producing the opposite result? Could the underlying cause be our failure to correctly understand the true nature of happiness?"
- "Genuine happiness can only be achieved when we transform our way of life from the unthinking pursuit of pleasure to one committed to enriching our inner lives, when we focus on ‘being more’ rather than simply having more."
More In Education
- "The minute health care becomes a huge, unwieldy, expensive government bureaucracy it’s a permanent feature of life and there’s nothing anyone can do about it."― Mark Steyn
- "Education forms the common mind. Just as the twig is bent, the tree’s inclined."― Alexander Pope
- "Anyone who knows history, particularly the history of Europe, will, I think, recognize that the domination of education or of government by any one particular religious faith is never a happy arrangement for the people."― Eleanor Roosevelt