More From Daisaku Ikeda
- "There are no greater treasures than the highest human qualities such as compassion, courage and hope. Not even tragic accident or disaster can destroy such treasures of the heart."
- "We are not merely passive pawns of historical forces; nor are we victims of the past. We can shape and direct history."
- "A commitment to human rights cannot be fostered simply through the transmission of knowledge. Action and experience play a crucial role in the learning process."
More In Education
- "I have always had this view about the modern education system: we pay attention to brain development, but the development of warmheartedness we take for granted."― Dalai Lama
- "There is a great deal of political pressure to only talk about abstinence, and to deny support for condoms and education on using them. This policy will lead to the unnecessary deaths of many people."― Hillary Clinton
- "The paradox of education is precisely this; that as one begins to become conscious one begins to examine the society in which he is being educated."― James Baldwin