More From Daisaku Ikeda
- "Humanity has experienced many revolutionary changes over the course of history: revolutions in agriculture, in science, industrial production, as well as numerous political revolutions. But these have all been limited to the external aspects of our individual and collective lives."
- "Living here on Earth, we breathe the rhythms of a universe that extends infinitely above us. When resonant harmonies arise between this vast outer cosmos and the inner human cosmos, poetry is born."
- "We are not merely passive pawns of historical forces; nor are we victims of the past. We can shape and direct history."
More In Education
- "The relationship of the two problems is rather the reverse. To a great extent disarmament is dependent on guarantees of peace. Security comes first and disarmament second."― Ludwig Quidde
- "Competitiveness is really what it costs you per man-hour to get you what you want. In other words, there’s an education level that plays into the mix and so if it’s inexpensive to buy an hour of real good education in places like China versus the U.S., that factors in."― Ray Dalio
- "During this period at the Department of Education, my working relationship with Judge Thomas was positive."― Anita Hill