More From Daisaku Ikeda
- "History is filled with tragic examples of wars that result from diplomatic impasse. Whether in our local communities or in international relations, the skillful use of our communicative capacities to negotiate and resolve differences is the first evidence of human wisdom."
- "The gratification of desire is not happiness."
- "Divorced from the cosmos, from nature, from society and from each other, we have become fractured and fragmented."
More In Education
- "Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity."― Aristotle
- "If we help an educated man’s daughter to go to Cambridge are we not forcing her to think not about education but about war? – not how she can learn, but how she can fight in order that she might win the same advantages as her brothers?"― Virginia Woolf
- "All those authors there, most of whom of course I’ve never met. That’s the poetry side, that’s the prose side, that’s the fishing and miscellaneous behind me. You get an affection for books that you’ve enjoyed."― Norman MacCaig