More From Daisaku Ikeda
- "No one can live entirely on their own, nor can any country or society exist in isolation."
- "Ultimately, all human activities have as their goal the realization of happiness. Why, then, have we ended up producing the opposite result? Could the underlying cause be our failure to correctly understand the true nature of happiness?"
- "History is filled with tragic examples of wars that result from diplomatic impasse. Whether in our local communities or in international relations, the skillful use of our communicative capacities to negotiate and resolve differences is the first evidence of human wisdom."
More In Change
- "I think what every skater dreams of is not only skating the best program they can possibly skate, but, y’know, having the crowd roar at the end, and it was just so loud I couldn’t even hear my music."― Sarah Hughes
- "I think it’s harder for people than it should be. But as more and more of us become carbon neutral and change the patterns in our lives to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem, we are now beginning to see the changes in policy that are needed."― Al Gore
- "China is a major power in the Pacific and I think we are dealing with some common threats in that region: the whole issue of Korea and the stability of Korea, the whole issue of nuclear proliferation, the whole issue of providing free access to our ships that are operating in that area."― Leon Panetta