More From Cyril Connolly
- "Classical and romantic: private language of a family quarrel, a dead dispute over the distribution of emphasis between man and nature."
- "There is no pain equal to that which two lovers can inflict on one another. This should be made clear to all who contemplate such a union. The avoidance of this pain is the beginning of wisdom, for it is strong enough to contaminate the rest of our lives."
- "The true index of a man’s character is the health of his wife."
More In Home
- "But inner experience is only one source of human knowledge."― Muhammad Iqbal
- "I don’t need a lot of money. Simplicity is the answer for me."― Linda McCartney
- "The instruction we find in books is like fire. We fetch it from our neighbours, kindle it at home, communicate it to others, and it becomes the property of all."― Voltaire