More From Cory Monteith
- "I was 20 years old, working as a roofer and a telemarketer and driving a taxi, just barely getting by. A friend of a friend suggested I try acting. I was like, ‘Why? What am I going to do? Community theater?’ But I took a class, and the teacher thought that I had potential, so I moved to Vancouver and started auditioning."
- "I think if you show up and you work hard and you’re straightforward, you can always create your own opportunities. I hope I’m right."
- "I’ve worked as a labourer, driven taxis and school buses, and been a car mechanic – whatever I could do just to get by. But it does mean that I know a little bit about a lot of things."
More In Cool
- "The truth is, we have this idea that late night is about creativity and being cool, but that’s not our job. Our job is to get as many people watching the commercials in between our show. That’s the reality of it."― Jimmy Kimmel
- "My band is so dedicated, everybody works very hard. The No. 1 priority is the show, and it’s pretty cool because we all pull together, and it’s fun. It’s like being on a sports team or something."― Bob Seger
- "But if you think you aren’t creative that’s cool, too. I think being around people who aren’t creative is kind of refreshing and nice."― Joel Hodgson