More From Corazon Aquino
- "I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life."
- "It is true you cannot eat freedom and you cannot power machinery with democracy. But then neither can political prisoners turn on the light in the cells of a dictatorship."
- "Freedom of expression – in particular, freedom of the press – guarantees popular participation in the decisions and actions of government, and popular participation is the essence of our democracy."
More In Peace
- "But the memory of war weighs undiminished upon the people’s minds. That is because deeper than material wounds, moral wounds are smarting, inflicted by the so- called peace treaties."― Hjalmar Schacht
- "We have to be active about kindness and about peace. I’ve always fantasized that it would be great if there was a Department of Peace."― Dave Matthews
- "I am a beneficiary of the American people’s generosity, and I hope we can have comprehensive immigration legislation that allows this country to continue to be enriched by those who were not born here."― Madeleine Albright