More From Confucius
- "It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get."
- "If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself."
- "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."
More In Sympathy
- "I have to have a character worth caring about. I tend not to start writing books about people I don’t have a lot of sympathy for because I’m just going to be with them too long."― Richard Russo
- "It’s hard for me to think of others because I’m not particularly in sympathy with the music of this century."― Alan Hovhaness
- "I have sympathy for young people, for their growing pains, but I balk when these growing pains are pushed into the foreground, when you make these young people the only vehicles of life’s wisdom."― Wislawa Szymborska