More From Colin Powell
- "Fit no stereotypes. Don’t chase the latest management fads. The situation dictates which approach best accomplishes the team’s mission."
- "War should be the politics of last resort. And when we go to war, we should have a purpose that our people understand and support."
- "Bad news isn’t wine. It doesn’t improve with age."
More In Attitude
- "Reason is an action of the mind; knowledge is a possession of the mind; but faith is an attitude of the person. It means you are prepared to stake yourself on something being so."― Michael Ramsey
- "I thought I was going to be killed. The casualties were so heavy, it was just a given. I learned to take each day, each mission, as it came. That’s an attitude I’ve carried into my professional life. I take each case, each job, as it comes."― Elliot Richardson
- "I won’t say there aren’t any Harvard graduates who have never asserted a superior attitude. But they have done so to our great embarrassment and in no way represent the Harvard I know."― Derek Bok