More From Colin Powell
- "We need to understand that we as citizens and as a government in any community throughout this country have no more important obligation than to educate those who are going to replace us."
- "The chief condition on which, life, health and vigor depend on, is action. It is by action that an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy, and attains the fulfillment of its destiny."
- "Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership."
More In Attitude
- "The last of human freedoms – the ability to chose one’s attitude in a given set of circumstances."― Viktor E. Frankl
- "I think that the U.S. does have this very much more open attitude, and I admire it very much and I think it’s very important to the world. But the information and the discussion sometimes come too late, after the effective decision has been made."― E. P. Thompson
- "I won’t say there aren’t any Harvard graduates who have never asserted a superior attitude. But they have done so to our great embarrassment and in no way represent the Harvard I know."― Derek Bok