More From Colin Powell
- "Don’t let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn’t go with it."
- "Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence."
- "When you decide to get involved in a military operation in a place like Syria, you’ve got to be prepared, as we learned from Iraq and Afghanistan, to become the government, and I’m not sure any country, either the United States or I don’t hear of anyone else, who’s willing to take on that responsibility."
More In Great
- "See everything, overlook a great deal, correct a little."― Pope John XXIII
- "Heights by great men reached and kept were not obtained by sudden flight but, while their companions slept, they were toiling upward in the night."― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."― Douglas MacArthur