More From Clifford D. Simak
- "What do you mean by faith? Is faith enough for Man? Should he be satisfied with faith alone? Is there no way of finding out the truth? Is the attitude of faith, of believing in something for which there can be no more than philosophic proof, the true mark of a Christian?"
- "Must faith be exactly that, the willingness and ability to believe in the face of a lack of evidence? If one could find the evidence, would then the faith be dead?"
- "If mankind were to continue in other than the present barbarism, a new path must be found, a new civilization based on some other method than technology."
More In Intelligence
- "I’m in awe of the universe, but I don’t necessarily believe there’s an intelligence or agent behind it. I do have a passion for the visual in religious rituals, though, even though they may be completely empty and bereft of substance. The incense is powerful and provocative, whether Buddhist or Catholic."― David Bowie
- "Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."― Albert Einstein
- "George Tenet has been the director of central intelligence since 1997, time enough to have changed the Agency’s culture. He has failed. He should go."― Richard Perle