More From Clare Boothe Luce
- "Women know what men have long forgotten. The ultimate economic and spiritual unit of any civilization is still the family."
- "They say that women talk too much. If you have worked in Congress you know that the filibuster was invented by men."
- "Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount."
More In Happiness
- "There is a difference between happiness and wisdom: he that thinks himself the happiest man is really so; but he that thinks himself the wisest is generally the greatest fool."― Francis Bacon
- "The medium is the message. This is merely to say that the personal and social consequences of any medium – that is, of any extension of ourselves – result from the new scale that is introduced into our affairs by each extension of ourselves, or by any new technology."― Marshall McLuhan
- "There may be Peace without Joy, and Joy without Peace, but the two combined make Happiness."― John Buchan