More From Claire McCaskill
- "I was in the room with, you know, more than a dozen Republicans trying to negotiate the stimulus. Most of them decided the politics of the situation meant they should walk away, even if it wasn’t responsible in terms of what our country needed right then."
- "All the movies where I play nice guys don’t seem to do very well."
- "Corporate governance is a huge issue too. We don’t have women on these corporate boards. More than half of the students in law school are women, more than half of the women, I think, in medical school now are women."
More In Trust
- "I used to have trust with reporters. Give them scoops. Those were the old days. It’s very strange, when you give a story and it doesn’t come out the right way."― Joe Arpaio
- "I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can’t trust em."― Jim Valvano
- "One is that you have to take time, lots of time, to let an idea grow from within. The second is that when you sign on to something, there will be issues of trust, deep trust, the way the members of a string quartet have to trust one another."― Yo-Yo Ma