More From Christopher Nolan
- "We all wake up in the morning wanting to live our lives the way we know we should. But we usually don’t, in small ways. That’s what makes a character like Batman so fascinating. He plays out our conflicts on a much larger scale."
- "The only job that was ever of interest to me other than filmmaking is architecture."
- "But in the back of my mind I’ve always looked to the biggest-scale Hollywood movies. Because to me the most satisfying experience is of watching a movie, if it’s done really well. And so that aspiration is always it for me, if I have the opportunity to do it."
More In Dreams
- "People ask how can a Jewish kid from the Bronx do preppy clothes? Does it have to do with class and money? It has to do with dreams."― Ralph Lauren
- "Obviously one must hold oneself responsible for the evil impulses of one’s dreams. In what other way can one deal with them? Unless the content of the dream rightly understood is inspired by alien spirits, it is part of my own being."― Sigmund Freud
- "To this day, some of my closest friends say, ‘Gaga, you know, everything’s great. You’re a singer; your dreams have come true.’ But, still, when certain things are said to you over and over again as you’re growing up, it stays with you and you wonder if they’re true."― Lady Gaga