More From Christopher Morley
- "In every man’s heart there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty."
- "Beauty is ever to the lonely mind a shadow fleeting; she is never plain. She is a visitor who leaves behind the gift of grief, the souvenir of pain."
- "The courage of the poet is to keep ajar the door that leads into madness."
More In God
- "I like mathematics because it is not human and has nothing particular to do with this planet or with the whole accidental universe – because, like Spinoza’s God, it won’t love us in return."― Bertrand Russell
- "It is quite true, as some poets said, that the God who created man must have had a sinister sense of humor, creating him a reasonable being, yet forcing him to take this ridiculous posture, and driving him with blind craving for this ridiculous performance."― David Herbert Lawrence
- "I believe in God, only I spell it Nature."― Frank Lloyd Wright