More From Christopher Lasch
- "A society that has made “nostalgia” a marketable commodity on the cultural exchange quickly repudiates the suggestion that life in the past was in any important way better than life today."
- "The hope of a new politics does not lie in formulating a left-wing reply to the right-it lies in rejecting conventional political categories."
- "In an individualistic culture, the narcissist is God’s gift to the world. In a collectivist society, the narcissist is God’s gift to the collective."
More In Marriage
- "What is marriage but prostitution to one man instead of many?"― Angela Carter
- "A man’s love, till it has been chastened and fastened by the feeling of duty which marriage brings with it, is instigated mainly by the difficulty of pursuit."― Anthony Trollope
- "There is a big misconception about arranged marriage. Yes, it can mean that you meet someone and then have to marry them, but this was my mother saying, ‘I’m going to introduce you to so-and-so – If you don’t like them, fair enough.’"― Archie Panjabi