More From Christopher Lasch
- "Liberals subscribe to the new flexible, pluralistic definition of the family; their defense of families carries no conviction."
- "Propaganda in the ordinary sense of the term plays a less important part in a consumer society, where people greet all official pronouncements with suspicion."
- "The model of ownership, in a society organized round mass consumption, is addiction."
More In Business
- "It is your business when the wall next door catches fire."― Horace
- "I think it’s a terrible shame that politics has become show business."― Sydney Pollack
- "Democrats think the country works better with a strong middle class, real opportunities for poor people to work their way into it and a relentless focus on the future, with business and government working together to promote growth and broadly shared prosperity. We think ‘we’re all in this together’ is a better philosophy than ‘you’re on your own.’"― William J. Clinton