More From Christopher Lasch
- "It is the logic of consumerism that undermines the values of loyalty and permanence and promotes a different set of values that is destructive of family life."
- "The attempt to redefine the family as a purely voluntary arrangement grows out of the modern delusion that people can keep all their options open all the time."
- "Adherents of the new religious right reject the separation of politics and religion, but they bring no spiritual insights to politics."
More In Business
- "Behind every small business, there’s a story worth knowing. All the corner shops in our towns and cities, the restaurants, cleaners, gyms, hair salons, hardware stores – these didn’t come out of nowhere."― Paul Ryan
- "In almost every profession – whether it’s law or journalism, finance or medicine or academia or running a small business – people rely on confidential communications to do their jobs. We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it."― Hillary Clinton
- "Competition is the keen cutting edge of business, always shaving away at costs."― Henry Ford