More From Christopher Lasch
- "A society that has made “nostalgia” a marketable commodity on the cultural exchange quickly repudiates the suggestion that life in the past was in any important way better than life today."
- "The left sees nothing but bigotry and superstition in the popular defense of the family or in popular attitudes regarding abortion, crime, busing, and the school curriculum."
- "In an individualistic culture, the narcissist is God’s gift to the world. In a collectivist society, the narcissist is God’s gift to the collective."
More In Society
- "If one could only teach the English how to talk, and the Irish how to listen, society here would be quite civilized."― Oscar Wilde
- "He who stands aloof runs the risk of believing himself better than others and misusing his critique of society as an ideology for his private interest."― Theodor Adorno
- "My fellow Americans, you have to decide what kind of country you want to live in. If you want a you’re on your own, winner take all society you should support the Republican ticket. If you want a country of shared opportunities and shared responsibilities – a ‘we’re all in it together’ society, you should vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden."― William J. Clinton