More From Christopher Lasch
- "Adherents of the new religious right reject the separation of politics and religion, but they bring no spiritual insights to politics."
- "The left sees nothing but bigotry and superstition in the popular defense of the family or in popular attitudes regarding abortion, crime, busing, and the school curriculum."
- "When liberals finally grasped the strength of popular feeling about the family, they cried to appropriate the rhetoric and symbolism of family values for their own purposes."
More In Society
- "When you have a person in power who punishes people for speaking their mind, it’s truly dangerous."― Tim Robbins
- "The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society."― Edward Bernays
- "Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards."― Robert Orben