More From Christian Lous Lange
- "Internationalism on the other hand admits that spiritual achievements have their roots deep in national life; from this national consciousness art and literature derive their character and strength and on it even many of the humanistic sciences are firmly based."
- "In particular, the efforts to reestablish peace after the World War have been directed toward the formation of states and the regulation of their frontiers according to a consciously national program."
- "A pacifist will often – at least nowadays – be an internationalist and vice versa. But history shows us that a pacifist need not think internationally."
More In Society
- "There is no nonsense so gross that society will not, at some time, make a doctrine of it and defend it with every weapon of communal stupidity."― Robertson Davies
- "The only part of the conduct of any one, for which he is amenable to society, is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."― John Stuart Mill
- "The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children."― Dietrich Bonhoeffer