More From Christian Bale
- "There was a great complexity to my father. He was a devoted family man. But, in the same breath, he simply was not suited to an anchored life. He should have been somebody who had a backpack, an old map, a bit of change in his pocket and that was it – roaming the world."
- "I always leave that for other people to decide, because some of the things I consider to be disasters are some people’s favorite movies. And that’s what I like so much, is that you never know. Something intrigues somebody and means nothing to somebody else."
- "Art is something to be proud of. Art is no compromise."
More In Famous
- "You want a hero in the music world? James Brown. He brought a feeling to music without really using words. He’s just famous for his sound."― David Lee Roth
- "The three main sources of scepticism are first, that not every people desires freedom; second, that democracy in certain parts of the world would be dangerous; and third, that there is little the world’s democracies can do to advance freedom outside their countries."― Natan Sharansky
- "I lost some of my friends because I got so famous, people who just assumed that I would be different now. I felt like everyone hated me. That is the most unhappy time of my life."― Haruki Murakami