More From Christian Bale
- "My hope is that people will be repulsed by the character’s complete lack of ethics and obsession with consumerism – that’s what I was saying about the difference between the character’s message and the film’s message."
- "There are movies that require fantasy and slightly more fantastical acting. Lines that are good for certain movies, in real life circumstances, would be absolutely unbelievable things to really say, and you would look at these people like they’re freaks for conversing that way. But somehow for certain styles of movies, it works, and it seems fine."
- "And being as I’m somebody who loves movies like The Machinist, I also love going along to big mass entertainment movies. I get in the mood for all kinds of movies, and so I like to try each of them."
More In Art
- "Wolfgang Tillman’s stunning large-scale pictures, being shown for the first time, were so offhand I failed to see them as art."― Jerry Saltz
- "Art is not necessary at all. All that is necessary to make this world a better place to live in is to love – to love as Christ loved, as Buddha loved."― Isadora Duncan
- "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."― Albert Einstein