More From Chris Ware
- "Ragtime has about the same amount of respect as comics. And in a way they’re similar art forms. Ragtime is highly compositional, and the emotion in the music is built in, whereas in jazz a lot of that emotion comes from the way it’s performed."
- "I believe that the development of language – of naming, categorization, conceptualization – destroys our ability to see as we age."
- "Well, there are better cartoonists now than there ever have been. I firmly believe that. There’s some amazing work being done."
More In Mom
- "I was a big fan of ‘The Smurfs’ growing up, even though by default – my mom used to force me to watch because she was a ‘Smurfs’ fan."― Jayma Mays
- "I got a family house for everybody to live in – my mom, my sisters and I. And I made sure that it has a separate apartment downstairs for myself. Family is more important than anything. We don’t come from any money. So once I get them settled in, in a nice house, then I’ll branch out and see if I can get something else."― Vinny Guadagnino
- "Absence – that common cure of love."― Lord Byron