More From Chris Van Hollen
- "Although awareness of cancer’s prevalence in the United States improves and medical advances in the field abound, pancreatic cancer has largely been absent from the list of major success stories."
- "Every day, families in the United States face the stark choice between a roof over their heads and food on the table. Buying health insurance, owning a home, and saving up for college are just too far out of their reach."
- "As we get closer to the end of this Congress, we should be addressing the urgent needs of the American people – the war in Iraq, affordable health care, a sensible energy policy, quality education for our children, retirement security, and a sound and fair fiscal policy."
More In Education
- "You cannot blame the mismanagement of the economy or the fact that we have not invested adequately in education in order to give our people the knowledge, the skills and the technology that they need in order to be able to use the resources that Africa has to gain wealth."― Wangari Maathai
- "As a former recipient of these services I can honestly say that the overwhelming majority of TANF recipients are hard-working Americans who are down on their luck, and just want an opportunity to better their lives and those of their family through work and access to education."― Gwen Moore
- "Children under five are the poorest age group in America, and one in four infants, toddlers and preschoolers are poor during the years of greatest brain development."― Marian Wright Edelman