More From Chris Van Hollen
- "As we get closer to the end of this Congress, we should be addressing the urgent needs of the American people – the war in Iraq, affordable health care, a sensible energy policy, quality education for our children, retirement security, and a sound and fair fiscal policy."
- "Although awareness of cancer’s prevalence in the United States improves and medical advances in the field abound, pancreatic cancer has largely been absent from the list of major success stories."
- "Every day, families in the United States face the stark choice between a roof over their heads and food on the table. Buying health insurance, owning a home, and saving up for college are just too far out of their reach."
More In Education
- "I think it is totally wrong and terribly harmful if education is defined as acquiring knowledge."― William Glasser
- "Education is what most receive, many pass on, and few possess."― Karl Kraus
- "Further Education should be about the ability to learn, not the ability to pay – everyone who is able should have the opportunity, regardless of their family background. I don’t want to see students struggling with huge debts or frightened off even going to university in the first place."― Charles Kennedy