More From Chris Christie
- "And I just think that we’re at a point in our economic life here in our state – and – and, candidly, across the country, where increased taxes is just the wrong way to go. The people of our state are not convinced that state government, county government, local government has done all they can with the money we already give them, rather than the money that we have before."
- "Higher taxes is the road to ruin. We must and we will shrink our government, and that means making some tough choices, tightening our belts."
- "It’s not that I’m universally loved. We know I’m not in New Jersey. But what they do say in New Jersey is, ‘We like him, and we think he’s telling us the truth.’ I think we need to have that type of politics on the national level."
More In Government
- "In the absence of justice, what is sovereignty but organized robbery?"― Saint Augustine
- "Things happen in American politics in the political center. If the President will meet us in the center, there are things we can accomplish."― Mitch McConnell
- "Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life."― Ludwig van Beethoven