More From Chief Joseph
- "Treat all men alike. Give them the same law. Give them an even chance to live and grow."
- "We gave up some of our country to the white men, thinking that then we could have peace. We were mistaken. The white man would not let us alone."
- "I pressed my father’s hand and told him I would protect his grave with my life. My father smiled and passed away to the spirit land."
More In Peace
- "But now Americans, they felt a sense of peace and protection because they’ve been separated by so many thousands of miles of ocean. And you know, the fact that it’s come to the U.S. like this is so sad, and yet you know, what can you do? It’s here."― Patty Hearst
- "I know something quite sure. We’ll never have peace with this Syrian regime. They’ll never give us relief, and we’ll never forget that."― Walid Jumblatt
- "He belonged to that army known as invincible in peace, invisible in war."― William Tecumseh Sherman