More From Charlotte Bronte
- "Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilized by education; they grow firm there, firm as weeds among stones."
- "Men judge us by the success of our efforts. God looks at the efforts themselves."
- "Memory in youth is active and easily impressible; in old age it is comparatively callous to new impressions, but still retains vividly those of earlier years."
More In Dreams
- "Each has its lesson; for our dreams in sooth, come they in shape of demons, gods, or elves, are allegories with deep hearts of truth that tell us solemn secrets of ourselves."― Henry Timrod
- "There’s no one I trust in show business more than Sabrina Wind. She’s my eyes and ears when I can’t be there. She weighs in on everything, from scripts to sets to advertising."― Marc Cherry
- "When asked if I consider myself Buddhist, the answer is, Not really. But it’s more my religion than any other because I was brought up with it in an intellectual and spiritual environment. I don’t practice or preach it, however."― Uma Thurman