More From Charlie Chaplin
- "I do not have much patience with a thing of beauty that must be explained to be understood. If it does need additional interpretation by someone other than the creator, then I question whether it has fulfilled its purpose."
- "The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish."
- "Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself."
More In Happiness
- "To be obliged to beg our daily happiness from others bespeaks a more lamentable poverty than that of him who begs his daily bread."― Charles Caleb Colton
- "I never was someone who was at ease with happiness."― Hugh Laurie
- "A woman’s heart must be of such a size and no larger, else it must be pressed small, like Chinese feet; her happiness is to be made as cakes are, by a fixed recipe."― George Eliot