More From Charles Schumer
- "Giving up even an ounce of precious freedom is a very serious thing to do."
- "There are many reasons why Mitt Romney should not become president, but perhaps the most important of all is the narrowness of his experience, perspective and vision."
- "A devastating commentary on the war in Iraq is that we have been unable to spend money on infrastructure."
More In Government
- "The Framers of the Bill of Rights did not purport to “create” rights. Rather, they designed the Bill of Rights to prohibit our Government from infringing rights and liberties presumed to be preexisting."― William J. Brennan, Jr.
- "I believed the only thing that could turn around this government spending and mounting debt would be if the people rose up."― Jim DeMint
- "The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: it connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."― John Quincy Adams