More From Charles Kuralt
- "I had a little insight into life that most kids probably didn’t have. My mother was a schoolteacher, and my father was a social worker. Through his eyes I saw the underside of society."
- "The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege."
- "It was so much fun to have the freedom to wander America, with no assignments. For 25 or 30 years I never had an assignment. These were all stories I wanted to do myself."
More In Age
- "The tendency of old age to the body, say the physiologists, is to form bone. It is as rare as it is pleasant to meet with an old man whose opinions are not ossified."― Bob Wells
- "We are living in the machine age. For the first time in history the comedian has been compelled to supply himself with jokes and comedy material to compete with the machine. Whether he knows it or not, the comedian is on a treadmill to oblivion."― Fred Allen
- "It’s sad, actually, because my anxiety keeps me from enjoying things as much as I should at this age."― Amanda Seyfried