More From Charles Kingsley
- "It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, Can never know what true friendship means."
- "Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth."
- "Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know."
More In Freedom
- "I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom."― Bob Dylan
- "It is capitalist America that produced the modern independent woman. Never in history have women had more freedom of choice in regard to dress, behavior, career, and sexual orientation."― Camille Paglia
- "To me, the American Dream is being able to follow your own personal calling. To be able to do what you want to do is incredible freedom."― Maya Lin