More From Charles Kingsley
- "There are two freedoms – the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."
- "Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth."
- "A blessed thing it is for any man or woman to have a friend, one human soul whom we can trust utterly, who knows the best and worst of us, and who loves us in spite of all our faults."
More In Beauty
- "I longed to arrest all beauty that came before me, and at length the longing has been satisfied."― Julia Margaret Cameron
- "It is not sufficient to see and to know the beauty of a work. We must feel and be affected by it."― Voltaire
- "I lived in small town out in the desert and my friend used to steal his mom’s car in the middle of the night. He’d drive over to my house, I’d sneak out and we’d go out to the desert and just burn things down."― Mark Hoppus