More From Charles Kingsley
- "It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, Can never know what true friendship means."
- "There are two freedoms – the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."
- "Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know."
More In Beauty
- "Beauty saves. Beauty heals. Beauty motivates. Beauty unites. Beauty returns us to our origins, and here lies the ultimate act of saving, of healing, of overcoming dualism."― Matthew Fox
- "When you become a parent, or a teacher, you turn into a manager of this whole system. You become the person controlling the bubble of innocence around a child, regulating it."― Kazuo Ishiguro
- "The South is very beautiful but its beauty makes one sad because the lives that people live here, and have lived here, are so ugly."― James Baldwin