More From Charles Kingsley
- "A blessed thing it is for any man or woman to have a friend, one human soul whom we can trust utterly, who knows the best and worst of us, and who loves us in spite of all our faults."
- "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting."
- "There are two freedoms – the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."
More In Friendship
- "When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand."― Henri Nouwen
- "I’m glad movies aren’t going to please everybody, they can’t. But what they have to be is recognisable. I don’t equate myself with a master painter, but I think you can recognise my films."― Kevin Costner
- "Friendship is held to be the severest test of character."― Charles Eastman