More From Charles Kingsley
- "Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth."
- "Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know."
- "It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, Can never know what true friendship means."
More In Men
- "Power does not corrupt men; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power."― George Bernard Shaw
- "It is the dissimilarities and inequalities among men which give rise to the notion of honor; as such differences become less, it grows feeble; and when they disappear, it will vanish too."― Alexis de Tocqueville
- "There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well."― Walter Reuther