More From Charles Kingsley
- "It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, Can never know what true friendship means."
- "A blessed thing it is for any man or woman to have a friend, one human soul whom we can trust utterly, who knows the best and worst of us, and who loves us in spite of all our faults."
- "There are two freedoms – the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."
More In Best
- "There’s a gullible side to the American people. They can be easily misled. Religion is the best device used to mislead them."― Michael Moore
- "It’s my firm conviction that when Uncle Sam calls, by God we go, and we do the best that we can."― R. Lee Ermey
- "Punishment may make us obey the orders we are given, but at best it will only teach an obedience to authority, not a self-control which enhances our self-respect."― Bruno Bettelheim