More From Charles Eastman
- "Friendship is held to be the severest test of character."
- "There was no religious ceremony connected with marriage among us, while on the other hand the relation between man and woman was regarded as in itself mysterious and holy."
- "The American Indian was an individualist in religion as in war. He had neither a national army nor an organized church."
More In Religion
- "Being a rock star is like being a cult leader – you really have to be in your own religion."― Courtney Love
- "The marvel of the Bhagavad-Gita is its truly beautiful revelation of life’s wisdom which enables philosophy to blossom into religion."― Herman Hesse
- "Religion must mainly be a matter of principles only. It cannot be a matter of rules. The moment it degenerates into rules, it ceases to be a religion, as it kills responsibility which is an essence of the true religious act."― B. R. Ambedkar