More From Charles Eastman
- "The American Indian was an individualist in religion as in war. He had neither a national army nor an organized church."
- "The religion of the Indian is the last thing about him that the man of another race will ever understand."
- "More than this, even in those white men who professed religion we found much inconsistency of conduct. They spoke much of spiritual things, while seeking only the material."
More In Religion
- "I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect."― Jiddu Krishnamurti
- "Politics has become so expensive that it takes a lot of money even to be defeated."― Will Rogers
- "It is a fine thing to establish one’s own religion in one’s heart, not to be dependent on tradition and second-hand ideals. Life will seem to you, later, not a lesser, but a greater thing."― David Herbert Lawrence