More From Charles Eastman
- "The religion of the Indian is the last thing about him that the man of another race will ever understand."
- "More than this, even in those white men who professed religion we found much inconsistency of conduct. They spoke much of spiritual things, while seeking only the material."
- "Friendship is held to be the severest test of character."
More In Religion
- "Wealth, religion, military victory have more rhetorical than efficacious worth."― George Santayana
- "I also don’t have organized religion on Pern. I figured – since there were four holy wars going on at the time of writing – that religion was one problem Pern didn’t need."― Anne McCaffrey
- "There was no division I could see between the essential teaching of all Prophets and wise men of religion."― Cat Stevens