More From Charles Dickens
- "Whatever I have tried to do in life, I have tried with all my heart to do it well; whatever I have devoted myself to, I have devoted myself completely; in great aims and in small I have always thoroughly been in earnest."
- "Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many – not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
- "There is a wisdom of the head, and a wisdom of the heart."
More In Best
- "The words spoken by the leader of the free world can expand the frontiers of freedom or shrink them. When Ronald Reagan called on Gorbachev to “tear down this wall,” a surge of confidence rose that would ultimately breach the bounds of the evil empire."― Mitt Romney
- "Now I know that Wal-Mart’s policies do not reflect the best way of doing business and the values that I think are important in America."― Hillary Clinton
- "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters."― Victor Hugo