More From Charles de Secondat
- "There are only two cases in which war is just: first, in order to resist the aggression of an enemy, and second, in order to help an ally who has been attacked."
- "People here argue about religion interminably, but it appears that they are competing at the same time to see who can be the least devout."
- "Men, who are rogues individually, are in the mass very honorable people."
More In Politics
- "I think that what I’m doing is right. And election-year politics, which intensifies everything, is not going to drive me off that course."― Eric Hoffer
- "Every artistic expression is either influenced by or adds something to politics."― Dario Fo
- "It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."― Joseph Stalin