More From Charles de Secondat
- "Power ought to serve as a check to power."
- "There are only two cases in which war is just: first, in order to resist the aggression of an enemy, and second, in order to help an ally who has been attacked."
- "Religious wars are not caused by the fact that there is more than one religion, but by the spirit of intolerance… the spread of which can only be regarded as the total eclipse of human reason."
More In Government
- "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office."― Ambrose Bierce
- "Pakistan needs to have decentralisation and a good local government system."― Imran Khan
- "The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets."― Will Rogers