More From Charles de Gaulle
- "Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first."
- "Authority doesn’t work without prestige, or prestige without distance."
- "In politics it is necessary either to betray one’s country or the electorate. I prefer to betray the electorate."
More In War
- "Liberal Democrats are inexorably opposed to tax cuts, because tax cuts give people more power, and take away from the role of government."― Rush Limbaugh
- "My father and all my uncles on both sides served in the military in World War II and Korea."― Darrell Issa
- "You don’t attack the grunts of Vietnam; you blame the theory behind the war. Nobody who fought in that war was at fault. It was the war itself that was at fault. It’s the same thing with psychotherapy."― James Hillman