More From Charles Caleb Colton
- "Much may be done in those little shreds and patches of time which every day produces, and which most men throw away."
- "Those who visit foreign nations, but associate only with their own country-men, change their climate, but not their customs. They see new meridians, but the same men; and with heads as empty as their pockets, return home with traveled bodies, but untravelled minds."
- "If you cannot inspire a woman with love of you, fill her above the brim with love of herself; all that runs over will be yours."
More In Friendship
- "Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness."― Euripides
- "Is it not a species of blasphemy to call the New Testament revealed religion, when we see in it such contradictions and absurdities."― Thomas Paine
- "The language of friendship is not words but meanings."― Henry David Thoreau