More From Charles Babbage
- "It is therefore not unreasonable to suppose that some portion of the neglect of science in England, may be attributed to the system of education we pursue."
- "The public character of every public servant is legitimate subject of discussion, and his fitness or unfitness for office may be fairly canvassed by any person."
- "To those who have chosen the profession of medicine, a knowledge of chemistry, and of some branches of natural history, and, indeed, of several other departments of science, affords useful assistance."
More In Science
- "The President’s call for more math and science students is not being heeded by his party’s leaders in Congress. They are cutting over $10 billion from student aide while refusing to fully fund No Child Left Behind. Something doesn’t add up."― Jim Clyburn
- "The purpose of science is not to analyze or describe but to make useful models of the world. A model is useful if it allows us to get use out of it."― Edward de Bono
- "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one’s living at it."― Albert Einstein