More From Charles Babbage
- "The public character of every public servant is legitimate subject of discussion, and his fitness or unfitness for office may be fairly canvassed by any person."
- "Perhaps it would be better for science, that all criticism should be avowed."
- "A powerful attraction exists, therefore, to the promotion of a study and of duties of all others engrossing the time most completely, and which is less benefited than most others by any acquaintance with science."
More In Science
- "In a state therefore of great equality and virtue, where pure and simple manners prevailed, the increase of the human species would evidently be much greater than any increase that has been hitherto known."― Thomas Malthus
- "Certainly going back to Sherlock Holmes we have a tradition of forensic science featured in detective stories."― Jeffery Deaver
- "Of all the failed technologies that litter the onward march of science – steam carriages, zeppelins, armoured trains – none has been so catastrophic to prosperity as the last century’s attempt to generate electricity from nuclear fission."― James Buchan